Please take the time to read through this page prior to submitting your request, as it will walk you through the process and answer most of your questions about the program. After reviewing this page, please contact our office in Irvine should you need any additional information.
August 1st - October 31st of each year. We would love to accept everyone for sponsorship, unfortunately there are a limited number of spots available. Requests will not be considered after October 31st, no exceptions.
Attn: Rider Support
1621 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92606
SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR SPONSORSHIP
ANSWER RACING will accept a request one of two ways, please do not do both:
1. Completely filling out and submitting the online application
2. Mailing in a copy of your own personal resume. Please note that the majority of our interaction back to you will be via email, so include a valid address on your request, or it will not be processed.
OPTION 1: ONLINE APPLICATION
Please fill out the online application completely and submit it through the site. All of this information is vital to making our selection, so please make sure that all of the information is filled in and accurate.
OPTION 2: MAILING YOUR PERSONAL RESUME
If you choose to submit your own resume instead of our provided application, make sure to keep the following in mind:
1. We go through hundreds of resumes each season, so be as informative as possible but keep it short and concise.
2. Please submit a neatly typed and organized resume. USE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR CHECK!
3. One of the most important elements to your resume is including your contact information. Name, address, phone number and email address will be required to be considered for sponsorship. Please have this information clearly on your resume. The majority of our interaction will be electronic this season, so please provide a valid email address.
4. Do not include videos, cds or dvds with your resume. They will not be viewed nor will they be returned to you.
5. These are some key areas that we would like you to include in your resume:
- Brief bio (age, class for the upcoming season, how you got started, projected race schedule, etc)
- Your current report card (if you are still in school). We value the school results as high as the race results.
- Career highlights
- Current year race results we do not need every moto finish of every race you have entered, please keep it simple.
- 1-4 photos will be sufficient. A head shot and couple action shots will work just fine. These pictures will not be returned to you, so please plan accordingly.
THE NEXT STEP
You should expect an e-mail response within a few weeks of submitting your request for sponsorship. This is a very busy time of year for the rider support team, so please be patient and allow sufficient time for your resume to be reviewed. Once you receive a response, you will need to follow the instructions included in that e-mail.
LEVELS OF SPONSORSHIP
There are 3 basic levels that make up our rider support program:
1. The Answer Racing teams primary support level is the 50% off retail program. This program allows riders to get a deep discount on our products and start what we hope will be a long term relationship that takes the rider up through the ranks. This program applies to regional amateur racers as well as pros trying to make their mark in Supercross.
2. There are a select few that receive a limited amount of free product from Answer Racing. Typically these are the top supported amateur riders that are consistently finishing up front at the national level and gain a significant amount of publicity. We also support a small amount of deserving professional privateers through this program as well.
3. The next level is being one of our elite riders, such as Jake Weimer. The goal is to graduate the riders up through each level of our program. The number of spots available narrow at each level, as the programs become more exclusive.
We encourage all serious racers to submit a request for sponsorship. We would love to sponsor you all, but it is just not possible. We look for the whole package in our riders, not just the one that is winning every race. We recommend that you race as much as possible, work hard, never give up and be a solid representative for your family and sponsors-on and off the race track. These key features will take you a long way in life and will most likely land you a spot on our team as well. If you do not earn a sponsorship with us, do not get discouraged, keep your head up high and focus on your goals.